This 1940’s brick, center hall house in Chevy Chase came under the caring ownership of a couple who had no problem thinking outside the box. The clients needed a first floor that worked for their year-round entertaining and daily living needs while providing an environment that worked to display their original art collection as well as furnishings from their ecclectic store. The project included a new kitchen and dining area within a precision steel and glass addition that sits on top of a broad, stone terrace. The first floor was reconfigured to maximize light and connection to the new living spaces while allowing for a free flowing circulation route around the entire first floor during their art openings that could spill out on to the terrace and rear garden. The house embodies the owner’s love of art, gracious entertaining and precision.